Catch the Shakespeare Train
- Find out more about some of the most popular productions of Shakespeare in the nineteenth- and twentieth-centuries.
- Trace the productions on maps of key Shakespeare tours to find out where they were staged.
- Look in detail at the digitized play programmes to see who took part and who helped behind the scenes.
- Discover more about Transatlantic Shakespeare and Ellen Terry's lectures on Shakespeare's women.
Image of Ellen Terry as Portia © National Trust
Did you know?
Edith Craig's friend Pamela Colman Smith designed one of the most famous Tarot Card sets.
- 1883 - 1884 First Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1884 - 1885 Second Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1887 - 1888 Third Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1893 - 1894 Fourth Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1895 - 1896 Fifth Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1899 - 1900 Sixth Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1901 - 1902 Seventh Lyceum company tour of North America
- 1904 Ellen Terry provincial tour
- 1910 - 1911 Ellen Terry lecture tour of North America
- 1911 - 1913 Ellen Terry UK lecture tour
- 1914 Ellen Terry lecture tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 1916 Shakespeare Tercentenary
- 1875 - 1889 Other Shakespeare performances
- 1890 - 1899 Other Shakespeare performances
- 1900 - 1909 Other Shakespeare performances
- 1910 - 1919 Other Shakespeare performances
- 1920 - 1939 Other Shakespeare performances
Did you know?
Edith Craig and Pamela Colman Smith designed scenes for a play by W. B. Yeats.